The Work Personality Index(WPI) provides a clear framework for understanding the impact of personality on job performance. It helps you identify key motivators and behaviours –essential for hiring the right people, developing employees and supporting great leaders. Unlike other personality assessments,the WPI only measures personality traits that are directly related to the work environment and on-the-job behaviours.
The WPI helps describe an individual’s style in terms of job-related strengths and weaknesses:
- Energy and Drive: Energy, Ambition, Leadership, Social Confidence, Persuasion,Initiative, Flexibility, Multi-tasking
- Working with Others: Outgoing, Teamwork, Concern for Others, Democratic
- Work Style: Dependability, Persistence, Rule-following, Attention to Detail, Planning
- Problem Solving Style: Innovation, Analytical Thinking
- Dealing with Pressure: Self-control, Stress Tolerance
- Special Scales: Managerial & Leadership Potential, Sales Potential (only available in Select Report)
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The WPI can be used for the following purposes:
- Talent Management
- Employee Selection
- Coaching and Individual Development
- Leadership Development
- Team Building
- Career Transition
The WPI has the following software reports available:
- Select Report: This report provides you with a comprehensive, objective assessment of work behaviour to identify the best talent. It describes a participant’s approach to tasks, way of interacting with people, and performance at work. It is a powerful tool to compliment ability testing and structured interviews.
- Developmental Report: This report contains interpretive notes that are useful for professional growth to increase success at work and in life. It focuses on personal characteristics and behaviours that influence how individuals perform in work settings, and contains information about preferences, strengths, and techniques for increasing effectiveness.
- Leadership Report: This report helps leaders understand their role and maximise their impact based on their pivotal skills, competencies and areas of difficulty, enabling them to focus development plans on areas that will lead to the greatest increase in leadership performance. The report also contains exercises that help leaders create development plans that leverage strengths and address pressing needs.
- Career Report: This report provides insight into an individual’s personality traits, the kinds of work they enjoy, and how they can manage career change, which can help them also chart their career paths. It also describes an individual’s work style, their approach to solving problems and dealing with stress. The report further provides exercises to help people understand their work strengths and develop a plan for changing careers.
- Job Match Report: The Job Match system is a convenient and flexible system that allows for the matching of personality characteristics necessary for effective job performance, which can assist in making selection processes more efficient and effective. The Job Match Report describes the participant’s overall fit with the specific occupation.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
South African research has been conducted using the WPIand South African norms are available. JvR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies using the WPI in their organisations.
Individuals 18 years and older
25 minutes (198 items)
English and French
User Portal/JvR Online/Data-capturing by Client Services
Integrated report options
© 2023 Psychometrics Canada Ltd. All rights reserved.