Verbatim & Numeratum (V&N)
Work | Abilities | Academic Functioning | Screening
The Verbatim and Numeratum assessments may be used to assist professionals in ascertaining candidate’s levels of verbal and numerical reasoning ability, which are key aspects to consider in screening, recruitment and selection settings. The Verbatim (verbal ability) and Numeratum (numerical ability) have been developed in response to the expressed need to measure specific abilities and skills that are not necessarily measured by general mental ability assessments. The most common request for special skills assessment is for verbal and numerical assessments appropriate for use in South Africa’s unique context.
*The Verbatim and Numeratum can be used separately or in combination
- Synonyms: The ability to identify words that are the same or similar in meaning.
- Opposites: The ability to identify words with opposite meanings.
- Analogies: The ability to identify the relationship between a pair of words and to identify equivalent or similar relationships in different pairs of words.
- Reasoning: The ability to reason with letters and other verbal content.
- Interpretation: The ability to read and comprehend verbal content accurately.
- Number Problems: The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide across a range of numerical problems.
- Patterns: The ability to solve problems that requires identification of patterns in numerical content.
- Interpretation: The ability to read and interpret basic numerical information contained in a graph.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
Both the Verbatim and Numeratum can be used for screening, selection and recruitment decisions.
The following software reports are available:
- Verbatim Feedback Report: This report is based on the participant’s responses to theassessment and provides the results of their Verbatim test. It gives an indication of the waythey understand and work with verbal information.
- Numeratum Feedback Report: This report is based on the participant’s responses to the assessment and provides the results of their Numeratum test. It gives an indication of theway they understand and work with numbers and solves problems that involve numbers.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
The Verbatim and Numeratum are South African-developed products, with South African working adult norms. Furthermore, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies.
Individuals 17 years and older
Verbatim - 70 minutes (62 items)<br>Numeratum - 60 minutes (44 items)
JvR Online/Data capturing by Client Services
Integrated report options
© 2023 JvR Psychometrics. All rights reserved.