Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory (HBRI)
Work | Abilities | Leadership and Managerial Roles
The Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory (HBRI) evaluates peoples’ ability to solve different business-related problems, and these solutions then drive decision making. Scores on the HBRI do not reflect a person’s interest in problem solving, but rather reflect a person’s potential critical reasoning ability and decision-making style.It is important to note that factors other than problem solving ability influence decision making. For example, experienced people typically make better decisions than newcomers. Moreover, technology aids decision making in many jobs (e.g., airline pilots). Finally, peoples’ ability to learn from experience will determine the long-term quality oftheir decision making.
- Overall Business Reasoning Score: provides a normative score comparing the candidate to others around the globe.
- Qualitative Reasoning: provides an indication of the candidate’s ability to work with data visualisation, logic and verbal information to solve problems.
- Quantitative Reasoning: provides an indication of the candidate’s ability to work with mathematical and spatial information to solve problems.
- Cognitive Style: combining qualitative and quantitative reasoning, describes how candidates think about and solve problems in the workplace.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The HBRI can be used for both selection and development purposes.
The updated HBRI currently only has an Interpretive Report, which provides in-depth narrative on the above-mentioned scales.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
Extensive research has been conducted on the HBRI in South Africa and South African norms are available. Furthermore, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research using the HBRI in their organisations.
Individuals 18 years and older
Integrated report options
- Return on Investment
- Case Study - AI
- Case Study - Banking & Financial
- Case Study - Banking & FS Industry
- Case Study - Business Support Services
- Case Study - Construction Industry
- Case Study - Education Industry
- Case Study - Energy Utilities Telecommuncations Industry
- Case Study - Food Beverage Industry
- Case Study - Government Industry
- Case Study - Industrial Metals and Minerals
- Case Study - IT Industry
- Case Study - Law Enforcement
- Case Study - Leisure & Hospitality
- Case Study - Manufacturing Industry
- Case Study - Pharmaceutical Industry
- Case Study - Sales Industry
- Case Study - Transportation Industry
- Case Study - Healthcare Industry
© 2023 Hogan Assessment Systems Inc.