The Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation™(FIRO®) instruments help individuals, teams, and organisations understand their interpersonal needs and how those needs influence their communication style and behaviour. The FIRO assessments are based on social need theory: all living things seek equilibrium between their basic needs and getting those needs met. They address, gather, and present critical insights around these fundamental areas:
- How you tend to behave towards others
- How you want others to behave towards you
|INCLUSION: The need to have social interactions and associations with others||INVOLVEMENT: Inclusion, participation, recognition, belonging and how an individual relates to groups|
|CONTROL: Wanting to lead and influence others and preferenceto be led and influenced||INFLUENCE: Control, leadership, responsibility, and decision-making authority|
|AFFECTION: Seeking to establish relationships with others, particularly one-on-one relationships||CONNECTION: Warmth, understanding, closeness, openness and how an individual relates to others|
These needs are measured along 2 dimensions:
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The FIRO rangecan be used for the following purposes:
- Reveals how interpersonal needs drive people’s behaviour
- Shapes people’s ability to build trust, influence others, and create productive relationships
- Facilitates the formation and reengagement of teams
- Highlights perceptual gaps that may inadvertently derail relationships
- Quickly gathers key insights for relating to direct reports, superiors, and peers
- Addresses influencing and negotiating, making decisions, and setting priorities
- Identifies existing communication and interpersonal dynamics that affect leadership success
- Helps people overcome workplace obstacles and/or prevent workplace issues
- Supports professional and leadership development, coaching, and team performance
The following software reports are available:
- FIRO-B Profile: Provides a basic profile of your client's FIRO-B scores.
- FIRO-B Interpretive for Organisations: The purpose of this report is to show how the results from the FIRO-B assessment can help the client understand their behaviour and the behaviour of others in the organisation. This is ideal for use in advancing career development, explaining team roles,improving team effectiveness, and identifying leadership operating styles.
- Leadership Report using the FIRO-Band MBTI®: This report combines the MBTI and FIRO-B instrument results and helps the understanding of the person’s leadership style.
- FIRO Business Profile: Provides a basic summary of the FIRO Business assessment results and is useful in business applications such as communication workshops and team building.
- FIRO Business Leadership Report: This report is particularly valuable to businesses because it presents key insights for relating to direct reports, superiors, and peers,influencing and negotiating, making decisions, and setting priorities. The report is a must-use tool for leadership development and executive coaching.
- FIRO Business Leadership Report with FIRO Business Profile: Presents key insights for relating to direct reports, superiors, and peers, influencing and negotiating, making decisions, and setting priorities.
- FIRO-B Profile and FIRO-B Interpretive Report for Organisations: This report not only provides your basic profile, but also explains the results in detail as well as how they can be used for development.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research. Clients are welcome to contact usshould you consider using these assessments for research purposes.
Individuals 18 years and older
FIRO-B 15 minutes (54 items)<br>FIRO-Business 8 minutes (30 items)
English, French and Portuguese (reports in English only)
Integrated report options
© 2023 CPP Inc. All Rights Reserved