The Competency Assessment Series (CAS), now in its third version, provides a range of uniquely South African assessment centre exercises, underpinned by a new cutting edge competency model. The third version boasts a number of improvements, including an updated CAS Competency Model with a strongly supported meta-model, guardrails to assist with scoring, the use of Trait Activation Theory (TAT), as well as the introduction of a number of electronic in-baskets. All the exercises are job-relevant and assess current as well as future potential. There is a wide range of exercises to suit different group sizes, purposes, levels and competencies.
The CAS range currently consists of the following types of exercises:
- In-basket Exercises
- Leaderless Group Discussions
- Strategy Presentation Exercises
- Role-play Exercises
- Case Studies
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The CAS can be used for the following purposes:
- Career development
- Coaching and/or mentoring
- Performance management
- Assessment and Development centres
- The identification of management/leadership potential
- Identify behavioural competencies needed for a specific job
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the candidates’ behavioural competencies
- Provide job-relevant information to supplement that which was gathered with traditional psychometric tools
- Determine the participants’ strengths and development areas
The CAS has the following software reports available:
- CAS Comprehensive Report: Once the practitioner has scored the exercise, the scoredcandidate’s key strengths and development areas can be sent to JVR’s Client Services to generate an interpretive report. This report is currently only available for MetroBank Operations Manager In-Basket and MagnaChrome In-Basket.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
The CAS is a South African developed product, with South African research available. JVR Psychometrics welcomes any opportunity to partner with clients to add to the research available for this product.
Various levels of employees (depending on the exercises selected)
30 minutes - 2 hours depending on the exercise
Hand-scoring/E-basket (Client Services)
Integrated report options
© 2023 JvR Psychometrics. All rights reserved.