The Basic Traits Inventory(BTI) is an easy to use, easy to understand personality inventory that has been developed in South Africa in order to assess the Big Five factors of personality.
The BTI includes the following scales:
- Openness to Experience: Aesthetics, Ideas, Actions, Values and Imagination
- Conscientiousness: Effort, Order, Prudence, Self-Discipline and Dutifulness
- Extraversion: Ascendance, Gregariousness, Excitement-Seeking, Liveliness and Positive Affectivity
- Agreeableness: Straightforwardness, Compliance, Tender-mindedness, Prosocial Tendencies and Modesty
- Neuroticism: Depression, Anxiety, Affective Instability and Self-Consciousness
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The BTI can be used for the following purposes:
- Recruitment and selection
- Individual development and counselling
The following software reports are available:
- BTI Individual Profile Report: This report provides T-Scores and Stanines onfactors and facets, as well as descriptions of all scales.
- BTI Competency Report: Thisreport provides competency scores derived fromthe BTI scales.
- BTI Package: This includes the Individual Profile Report and Competency Report
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
The BTI is a South African-developed product. Professionals can choose between using General, Police, Student or Adolescent norms. It has been well-researched in the South African context and has been demonstrated to work effectively across cultures and language groups. Research on the relationship between the BTI scales and emotional intelligence competencies, perceived career barriers, team culture, individualism and collectivism, willingness to attend HIV counselling, anger expression and driver safety in the South African context is available.
Individuals 14 years and older
30 - 40 minutes (193 items)
English and Afrikaans
JvR Online/Data Capturing by Client Services
Integrated report options
Additional infoHPCSA Certificate (PDF)
© 2023 JvR Psychometrics. All rights reserved.